Town of Flambeau
Town Board Meeting
January 10, 2019
- Present: Lee Lamoreaux, Chairman, John Slaby & Roy Boushon, Town Supervisors, & Jamie Soberg, Clerk/Treasurer.
- The meeting was called to order by Chairman Lamoreaux at 7 pm.
- Checks numbered 389-391 & 17129-17168 were signed by the board.
- The Clerk read the minutes from the Board Meeting held in December. Motion by Slaby/Boushon to receive and place on file. Carried.
- Soberg read the Treasurer’s report for the month of December. Motion by Boushon/Slaby to receive and place on file as presented. Carried.
- Lamoreaux stated that no action will be taken at this time on the proposal received from Marlene Campy for replacement of damaged items. We will address repair bills as we receive them.
- Slaby reported that we trapped 15 beaver in December at the Price Lake and Rock Creek Roads.
- Motion by Slaby/Boushon to increase all hourly employee wages and election workers pay by 2.5% per hour. Carried.
- Motion by Boushon/Slaby to increase the Clerk/Treasurer monthly base salary to $1,100.00 per month. Carried.
- Slaby reported that we will not be filling the foreman position at this time but proposed to have the crew share a leadman position while a board member would act as a liason between the employees and the board. When an employee is in the leadman position at any given time, they will receive an additional $2.00 an hour to their normal pay. This will be a trial.
- Primary election will take place on February 19, 2019 for the town supervisors.
- Public Comment – Barb Dampier inquired about town plowing part of LeTourneau Lake Road for the Phillips School van to pick up her child. The private road is currently plowed by residents as town doesn’t plow private roads. The board will check into this.
- Motion by Slaby/Boushon to adjourn. Carried.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:44 pm.
- Respectfully submitted by: Jamie Soberg
Last modified: April 22, 2019